Ok so I am not a fan of rabbit food. By rabbit food I mean food that might be healthy but leaves you hungry. I like to eat! lol
Recently I made these lettuce wraps and I have to say they were so incredibly tasty and filling. I’m seriously hooked. The key is to include good fats, a high carbohydrate and a protein.
How to make lettuce my delicious lettuce wraps:
- Make homemade guacamole. Super simple. Mash a very ripe avocado, a bit of lemon juice and Himalayan pink salt. You can make it fancier by adding diced tomatoes and herbs
- Left over protein. I used a wild sole for these ones.
- Roasted sweet potato. This is the best part!
- Big lettuce leaves. I made mine with iceberg but I’d recommend using romain or a deeper green lettuce, this was just what we had in the fridge and I like how crunchy iceberg is.
- It’s not in the pic but I topped mine with hot sauce 🙂
Roll up and enjoy!
These are so flexible but this particular combination of fish, sweet potato and guacamole was a real winner.
Let me know if you give these ago.
Enjoy and remember eating healthy should be satisfying and taste good.